AFRIKABA INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION
Afrikaba International Foundation was formed in Oct 2018 by a group of Ghanaians and Black Africans in the Diasporawith the sole purpose of addressing the concerns and interest of the brothers and sisters to return home to the African Continent. We aim to foster the bond of family between those African people living around the globe and those living in Africa. This Organization was established as a non-profit to answer the many needs of those repatriates, who want to return. Our objective is to provide support, advice, practical assistance and solutions for Africans throughout the diaspora who wish to visit, reconnect with their African Heritage and / or settle permanently in Ghana in the Year of Return or in years to come.
We are working on our Objectives to carry out the following strategy plans:
- To develop, promote and facilitate the delivery of key information, policy and guidance to the diasporaon a range of matters pertaining to settlement in Ghana
- To bring together in conference members of the Association and representatives of communityorganisations, government departments, statutory authorities, companies and individuals in Ghana
- To assist the more vulnerable returnees as well as others, in the initial settlement phases with a view to expanding to include returnees across Africa.
- To cover legal costs, land registration, Land Title filing costs and more.
- To hold the Ghanaian Government to account with respect to the availability of land pledged for The Year of Return
- To lobby and influence governments and policy makers in all areas relating to the objects.
- To acquire land and other assets for the purposes of: farming and agribusiness in general; permanent and temporary settlement; recreational, sports, educational, cultural, arts and all areas that support the objectsto celebrate and support ingenuity, creativity, innovation and inspired leadership through all activities that serve the objects.
- To attract increased numbers of new members, supporters and donors from across the global diaspora as well as Ghana/Africa.
- To engage in cooperative action with local Chiefdoms, agribusiness, financial bodies, educational establishments, public bodies, land agents, landowners and farmers.
- To build strong links with relevant organisations and institutions through collaboration, developing working and consultative partnerships.
- To promote, carry out or assist in promoting and carrying out research, surveys, and investigations and publish the useful results to our members.
- To collect and disseminate information on all matters affecting the said objects in Ghana and overseas
- To create exchange programs, business consulting, training, workshops and Mentorship initiatives.
- To promote the positive impact on Ghana returnees can make through transferable skills, business acumen, financial and economic growth potential
- To assist any other (charitable) organisation financially or otherwise, in the furtherance of these objects or any one of them.
- To employ such staff as the Association sees fit and to appoint consultants and experts under such remuneration as the Association from time to time decides.
- Contracts and any other legally defined relationship as the Association decides in pursuance of these aims or any one of them. Establish where necessary local branches (whether autonomous or not).
- To invest the monies of the Association not immediately required for its purposes in or upon such investments, securities and property of whatever sort as may be thought fit, subject nevertheless to such conditions (if any) and such consequences (if any) as may for the time being be imposed or required by law and subject also as hereinafter provided, and to sell, let, mortgage, dispose or turn to account all or any of the property or assets of the Association as may be thought expedient with a view to the promotion of its objects.
- In the furtherance of the objects but not otherwise, the Association may obtain, collect and receive money and funds by way of contributions, donations, affiliation fees, subscriptions, legacies, grants and other lawful methods, and accept and receive gifts of property of any description (whether subject to any special trusts or not).
- To do all such lawful acts or things for the attainment of the above objects or any one of them, provided that notwithstanding the use of any general words hereinafter contained no part of the property or assets of the Association whether of the nature of capital or income shall be applied to or for any object or purpose which is outside the objects of the Association.
In response to the call from President Nana Akuffo Addo, for the 2019 Year of Return, we at Afrikaba intend to be at your service. We have taken up this mantel to be a vehicle to assist, in the journey of our brothers and sisters return home.
Our first major effort as an organization is to support the mission of the Year of Return and conduct an International business symposium to discuss and address these challenges. We will be hosting this event on July 25, 2019 in Accra, Ghana. Afrikaba has been endorsed by the Ghana Tourism Authority to participate in a Panafest Celebration; thePanafest event is a national occasion in Ghana to celebrate Pan-Africanism and to showcase Ghana’s diverse cultures.
This July we plan to bring the diaspora home. We will not just welcome them as tourist but intend to welcome them as family members returning home. This event will bring together speakers from the various Government Ministries; The Business Communities, Cultural and Tribal Chiefs, and many others that can strengthen the mission, answer the questions, concerns of our people and create the space to reunite those who have returned or intending to return.